Blogging 201 is trying to make me THINK!! AUAUAGHGHGH.
Answer these questions:
- Why do you blog? – Tough one! I started blogging just as a way to ‘modernize’ my personal journal – eJournaling, I guess. I didn’t worry about the public aspect of it much, since I didn’t have any followers and didn’t tell anyone I know that I was doing it. There was no goal, no purpose and no direction. Then I ran across Blogging 101 and decided to take it up a notch: having other people be able to read what I write would force me to actually THINK about what I’m writing instead of just babbling. And mirabile dictu, it seems that several people enjoy my babbling! (I’m still amazed and astounded by this fact, btw, and I cherish all my followers.) So now I blog to share my thoughts with others and (I hope I hope I hope) to make them smile.
- If your blog exceeded your wildest dreams, what would that look like? – To have someone get a little *jolt* of excitement when I pop up in their Reader. You know the feeling I mean? Kind of like when you see “The One” across a room, and your heart twitches and you inhale a little sharp breath – LIKE that, but not REALLY like that – I don’t want creepy stalker-followers, who think I’m “The One”, and try to read hidden messages in my posts meant just for them so they can do my bidding. (although….. that COULD come in useful I guess… nah, never mind) I’m just hoping for normal followers whose days will be brightened a bit when they know they can read some DataTater.
So… with that in mind – here are the goals of my blog:
1. Write at least 1 draft every day and make sure there is SOMETHING in it that makes me smile. Even if it’s just a clever turn or phrase, or a ripped-off quote. If it’s just drivel and it’s not at least slightly humorous, it’s not worthy of being shared.
2. Post at least 3 times a week. With all those drafts floating around, I should be able to find SOMETHING.
2a. Try some photo posts, but (see #1) make them funny.
3. Comment more. I ‘LIKE’ a lot, but I don’t always leave comments – and I know I should. I love it when people comment on my posts, so I really need to be recirculating that good vibe, right?
So that’s them and here I vow – it shall be so!